Incoming Region Changes - ASTRA

The letter is addressed to ‘All RAF Air Cadets Staff and Volunteers’ so it does seem right that it should go to everyone within pretty quick succession?

2 Likes

I don’t think the impact on CCF under RCs is any better defined than the impact on Wgs and Rgns aligning with RFCAs. I know of at least one Wg which is split between two RFCAs; there’s a potentially significant impact there. I’m sure there will be others.

It is in terms of the HQ adjustment, I guess ultimately it depends who was originator of the email and they were supposed to pass it out or were getting pre sight!

For the record, CAC’s letter was cascaded from our WHQ not long after @JoeBloggs posted the link here.

I’ve still not seen anything via email, only the post I linked to and the one @themajor linked to underneath.

Apparently someone in the headshed isn’t pleased that direct quotes have been used from the letter in this thread.

Which means the headshed can see this:

If you want a document to be treated as if it is Official, Sensitive, then it needs to be marked on its face as ‘Official, Sensitive,’ this one isn’t, so won’t be.

You can’t complain after the event if your own document marking guidance wasn’t followed.

2 Likes

Cmdt AC is, indeed, a lurker in these 'ere parts. Of course, as you suggest, a proper communication model might have meant he’d have less to worry about on here.

1 Like

Perhaps some actual training on what that means would also help…

1 Like

So on the OS thing, the directive that was linked by @themajor on SPOL is marked OS and I didn’t realise this until @Baldrick’s post. I quoted this document here. What I have quoted however is not damaging to the organisation nor does it bring the RAF or the RAFAC into disrepute. Quite the opposite. If I did an FOI and asked for the document, I think there is very little that would be removed before publishing.

If I was posting negative stuff, or personal information I’d consider deleting it having now seen the OS, but for once I was trying to be positive about potential change, so it can stay I think…

1 Like

I have (now) received a copy through the CoC which is not marked OS, even in the file name

1 Like

The letter from the Comdt or the directive from AOC 22 Gp? (Still not seen anything on email)

1 Like

You must be more important than me!

2 Likes

Comdt… didn’t realise you didn’t quote that until now

1 Like

Yeah, there’s two documents. One I linked and one TheMajor linked as the first comment.

1 Like

Should’ve paid more attention :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Any markings in the email subject line?

If only the other document was marked as Official Sensitive a little more effectively, then I might have noticed it and not quoted anything.
/s

I’m looking forward to a lot more detail here, but I note that the reorg to put CCFs under RCs mentions ‘command structure.’ I think that could be interesting.

1 Like

Ftfy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Out of interest, were you aware of this directive before this thread or an email in a last day? Given your position I’d have hoped you knew about this already?