Inadequate response from HQ Safeguarding?

If I was the CO, I would suspend and look to dismiss the Cadet SNCO !
Totally unacceptable behaviour.

2 Likes

For me, it’s sex pesting with abuse of position, and I don’t see how the male cadet can have any place in the ACO (deliberately used, because it winds up tedious people who should jump in the sea…).

Anyone fancy sending the creep on a DofE exped with female cadets? What would that risk assessment look like?

Hoof him out.

Send the world’s sweatiest emai lto HQAC, 22Grp, and various senior Crabs, .

If the female cadet feels able, i would encourage her to contact the Police.

The resulting show is the problem of the imbeciles who poo-poo’ed the original complaint.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Catching up on the thread…

As has been mentioned - because of their age - Police will be reluctant to do anything - if it happened in school, they would have referred the matter BACK to the school management team.

In simplest terms - yes - there should have been an investigation - after speaking to each cadet individually, the victims should have been asked how THEY would like the matter treated…

It’s not entirely clear, IF the victims have been spoken to - let alone what their wishes were - which frankly IS in line with the corps child safety policy.

I don’t know what position you hold on your sqn, but it could simply be that everyone HAS been spoken to, and no further action was required.

As things stand - we don’t know who instigated the behaviour, was the SNCO goaded into this behaviour at someone else’s behest, was it a long running joke that had gotten out of hand…?

However - at its most basic, regardless of ANY other factors, surely this sort of behaviour is not compatible with the ethos of RAFAC, let alone common law.

Frankly, in my books the SNCO should have been at the end of a short conversation explaining this - as no one should be thinking that this sort of behaviour is tolerable.

The only reason why the SNCO is remaining on sqn, is possibly because the victims have made it explicitly clear that they have no wish to make a formal complaint.

The reasons for their choice has not been made privy to the staff - as is the victims’ right.

Therefore, in the absence of proof or a complaint to be investigated, it remains hearsay / rumour.