How to prepare for Dodentocht?

News just in - HQRAFAC must be organising Dodentocht, they’ve shortened to route to 66km due to the heat…

Not really a death march when it’s only 16km longer than a civvie day of Nijmegen.

1 Like

Ahhh an easy walk in the countryside… you’ll be done by 7:30am

I dunno if im happy or not that i sold my entrance ticket for this year… it would have made for an easy #5

1 Like

I bet the person you’ve sold it to is now wanting to sell it on. :joy:

I’m just a tad disappointed, had mentally prepared for 100km. I don’t know whether I’d feel like I’d even completed the challenge.

1 Like

Yeah I’m off out for the first time this year and same here… Same feeling as at Nijmegen really… Better do it next year too then :sunglasses:

1 Like

Absolutely, assuming we enjoy this year :joy:

1 Like

Of course we will, we’re all pain addicts remember :wink:

Despite the set back I’m still buzzing for it, only 2 days to go!:scream:

Definitely! When are you heading over? I’ve got a flight to Brussels tomorrow then getting the train up to Bornem for 6pm arrival.

Not sure how big the line is to collect start card etc so wanting to get there a little early and be in place.

1 Like

I’m at the train station now! I’m going to make a week of it, see parts of Germany and Belgium whilst I’m at it. The week will be that bit more enjoyable with my feet in better condition now too!

I’m thinking get there a few hours early too, I don’t want to miss it!:scream:

1 Like

This is such a daft question but just for piece of mind, the information reads that a “walking badge” must be collected… That is this right?:sweat_smile:

Besides that, good luck on the walk everyone whose here! Not long now!

I hope so! That’s what I’ve collected + the orange wrist band.

Best of luck!

I think I’m gonna head over to the actual start at about 8, stopping by Aldi for some last minute snacks.

Here’s my silly question: why is there a “toll buff” checking people’s bags and then a cross road of paths…

Best of luck!

Wish i was there!

2 Likes

38/63km through now and my only complaint is the really insufficient number of drinking water taps with a water pressure of what seems to be 1uL/Min…

I asked him when he checked mine and wouldn’t tell me🤦‍♂️ I had a think though, maybe it’s for how much water we are carrying?

I’m at at the 50km mark now, pretty much same here honestly

Not a memory i recall, i remember tables of water at the checkpoints where they would refill camelbaks etc?

Perhaps its because of the relatively late change of route?

1 Like

They were all taps today I believe, I just found there weren’t an awful lot at the start of the route🤔

Thank you to everyone whose given us tips on Dodentocht, it’s been an absolute blast and everyone who commented really helped with the planning☺️

1 Like

Well done!.. were you early enough to get a pineapple?

(Are they still giving pineapples?)

I finished at 10:50am and got a big sweet loaf is that counts?

1 Like

Just shows you what an early start can bring.

Maybe, if someone a few weeks ago had had the same idea, the Wednesday of Nijmegen wouldn’t have been cancelled :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

This year’s Dodentocht didn’t start early, still 9pm. The total distance was reduced to 63Km so that all participants were back in Bornem for 1pm before it got too hot.

1 Like