Fundraising, Grants, and Donations

When I find it il post some of what we did, when I joined the Sqn we didn’t have a Comittee (which I didn’t think was allowed :eyes:) but we now have 7 active members, include a change in Treasurer and Chairman who helped us set it up and then moved on (as was the plan when they joined it)

• I’m in out signal atm which is possibly why I can’t find the new thread on Civ Coms

Think it has been mentioned here already but Easyfundraising as an app has been brilliant for us as a Squadron alongside the “traditional gift aid”. We got everyone onboarded that we could at one of the awards evenings and since then have done strategic parental reminders. January & September for the summer holiday bookings as usually with a lot of the travel companies its round the 1% mark for donation. A family going on holiday they could easily raise £20.00 if not more and if that is replicated across 30 cadet families, there is £600.00 for something that they were going to book anyway.

We have also “targeted” favourite brands like E-bay and Just-Eat as mainly although small donations such as on average £0.10 per takeaway across a squadron and across a year that can raise a fair bit. Another favourite is to target the Christmas shopping, making sure they are going via the app before clicking on the link. Parents last year raised over £1500 through the app just by buying things they would have bought in any case. For us that a good 4 bag packs without having to lift a finger. It just needs a bit of gentle persuasion and the occasional reminder but I find when you can show it in the grand scheme of fundraising and what that has been spent on, it helps with the selling of the app, for us that was 2 flight sim packages (nothing special).

On joining, the parents get the bank details for the standing order, a gift aid form and on the bank details their is the link to Easyfundrasing with a QR code too. It is a simple format but when they can see the difference it makes and for them it doesn’t cost anything so they are more than happy to “donate”

1 Like