Fmt600

Well since High Wycombe declared that we didn’t need 600’s back in 2015, Coningsby dropped them but Waddington still say we need them - there’s nothing like consistency!!

a case of not needing 600s, but still needing to read routine orders annually - how best to record these have been read and signed? on a FMT600!

That’s what the FMT103 (Drivers certificate of acknowledgement, standing orders for Drivers/Unit MT Standing Orders) is for.

that as maybe but not all MT Sections are using it based on what I have heard…

It’s not a reason to keep the 600 though, is it. A4 don’t seem to think we need one but certain stations do based on the fact that they don’t want to use the correct form - great!!!

If you are talking A4 in RAF terms, it’s interesting that their main station does require a FMT600 for anything bigger than a car!

That figures :joy:

Which amplifies my comment in MT needing to get their “ACT TOGETHER” across the board!!

Once someone has an FMT600 is that it for ever or do they need to renew it?

Excuse a silly question but I’ve always used SOV’s and Permit 19’s for Camps.

needs to be renewed annually (read MT standing orders, provide a copy of endorsement page on electronic driving license check thingy (and matrix every 5years)) - used to be in person, now at Northolt at least, its online which helps!

1 Like

I think you might need to “refam” on anything not a car (i.e. minibus) if you’ve not driven it in a certain period. Not sure, though.

yes 12 months as we had this over Minibuses after covid but we have an SoV we we had all driven within the 12 month period so we were fine!

All moving to electronic now based on what I am going through trying to sort my 600 out.

Yep moving onto MyDrive which is accessed from Defence Gateway. They appear to have to sorted the initial teething issues because I’ve all of sudden had all the competencies from my FMT600 added and current in the last couple of weeks.

From what I’ve seen, can be a bit to get used to the UI but overall looks like a much more practical way of recording your driver activity than the old hard copy drivers hours record sheets.

1 Like