Demise of Dark-Blue Working Shirts: RAFAC options?

Something else that also looks gopping!

1 Like

But Nickel, where are you getting this information from, or are you just speculating as to what you think will happen?

34riso

7 Likes

Be careful with regard to the pretty polo shirt - according to 1358C, a mix of colours is not really sanctioned.
As usual with these things - squadrons all over the country have purchased squadron polo shirts with their crests embroidered on, and used for local activities, to now find they are not allowed to wear them at events unless the conform to the new rules.
Frustrating when you issue cadets with them, and now have to purchase ANOTHER polo shirt to be seen in public.

We got a new order of polo shirts 2 months before the new rules in 1358C came out. In a year or two’s time when it comes to replace them again i will then consider changing the design.

Until then my cadets will be wearing the squadron polo shirts with mtp/dpm trousers. Anyone who pulls me up on it can swivel until then :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Mixing colours is allowed, as per our 3A thread

only dark or light blue can form the main body colour with maroon and white only used for seam piping, cuffing and small contrast panels

So not really sure if the sleeves can be different colour to the “main body” or not.

I don’t think we will redesign our polo shirts - the cadets get them, and use them with civvy bottoms to travel to sports etc.
We are planning on getting some ‘compliant’ polo shirts in the stores for specific events where they may end up getting their picture in the paper.

Suddenly deciding on specifying a shirt design based on cadets attending RIAT (or similar) - they are crazy to think everyone will rush to comply!

1 Like

I really do hope that if we are changing then it’s into PCS like the RN and not MTP/Polos. How would ranks be shown on MTP/Polos? Would this mean staff have to also be in MTP/Polos?

Where is the original source of this change? I have a feeling this is a speculation train out of control.

They may be, but only white or maroon if I read it right?!

well, yeah that was my original thought, but im not convinced that sleeves count under “seam piping, cuffing and small contrast panels”

Why?

I can’t see any way in which No 3A is more suitable for anything other than public events than No 3.

Am I right in thinking that the appropriate jacket for 3A is the blue ones? Not MTP?

SO I can wear a civvy poloshirt, MTP trousers and a GP Jacket, together?

Edit: Apparently not. One min this may be better off elsewhere.

me neither - an MTP shirt, or perhaps even just an olive t-shirt (!) is a far more suitable top for a normal working environment than a £25 light blue polo shirt - drink spills, pen marks, general grime will all do for the polo shirt, but won’t matter on the £11 MTP shirt or the £4 t-shirt…

2 Likes

Pretty sure the option was either?

In the current fiscal climate that wouldn’t be a bad thing, especially if it means getting rid of a load of FTRS and saving the taxpayer a good wedge.
For cadets it could give a much better thing to be involved in. Talking to the local ACF it seems they are struggling in similar ways to us.

Time to go puprle and save money.

2 Likes

See my other thread on that issue. (Before PeP shouts ‘TOPIC’ at us)

1 Like

Been rumoured for years…

Would slash admin, with a single system slash FTRS seat warmers.

2 Likes

Turns out we are 84 posts in and it’s all rubbish.

Supply of working blue shirts are ok and there is sufficient stock for the foreseeable future.

Who wants to own up to asking the question?