Crowdfunding

Don’t spoil his fun

1 Like

Woah - noone told me that one - does this mean I have to give back the Rolls or am I good?

5 Likes

Just give it to the squadron committee as a SOV

6 Likes

Read this out of context and thought you meant the kayaks :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m ashamed to say it took me at least a minute to realise he meant the car and not bread… and we don’t even call them rolls where I’m from!

4 Likes

Actually, I’ve had a series of requests in for many months and have currently not seen any traction, some of which include fundamental safety equipment which needs to be deployed to use other assets. This has led, in this particular instance, to me looking for the funding opportunities myself, as otherwise the project stalls and I am unable to make headway in making a difference.

I am entirely aware who is and isn’t allowed to handle public and non-public funding. And yes, the assets will end up being owned by the association - which is fine, and by extension, they are responsible for their safety inspections, maintenance and upkeep. However, the reality is that those who are technically/legally responsible are often neither qualified nor competent to conduct said inspections so the reality is they fall to the CFAV, so as is always the case, we have to work as a team. That is unless you fancy knocking your Sea Kayak Leader assessment out to ensure you can discharge your responsibility as a trustee for the safety of that kit?

I am more than happy to do some of the legwork to find funding opportunities, and indeed do a lot of the writing (given ultimately it will be CFAVs delivering the outcomes / the project, not the association), especially if the association cannot find the time to do so as otherwise, nothing happens.

8 Likes

This is very true. And there is nothing wrong with it! If the wing AT team wants some new harnesses and they get the funding for the wing civ com, it’s almost always going to be the WATTO doing the safety checks on them, and maintaining a PPE log. I can’t look now but I’d go as far as to guess that there will be an ACATI somewhere saying specifically that the WATTO is required to do that.

I have just checked as I was very curious. ACATI 002 states that:

Squadron Adventure Training Technical Officers (SATTOs). The responsibilities of the SATTOs are summarised as follows:
j. The inventory of Sqn ACAT equipment, including storage, maintenance and record of use, in accordance with the manufacturer instructions and NGB recommendations.

Wing Adventure Training Technical Officers (WATTOs). The responsibilities of the WATTOs are summarised as follows:
l.The inventory of Wing ACAT equipment, including storage, maintenance and record of use, in accordance with the manufacturer instructions and NGB recommendations.