CI CS95/MTP regs

I doubt both the CAC and the ACMB could have disregarded an order approved and authorised by the DPC.

Anyway, lets not digress. Where is your hard evidence that ex-Regiment personnel engaged as SNCO’s and officers in the ACO, ‘whinged and cried’ until they were granted the right to wear mudguards?

I’m all ears…

1 Like

As an impartial, not ex-Regt, guy I can’t help but question this…

You’ve now got a sad-on because Gunner has accused you of not showing respect, which you feel is unfair. Do you not think that stating outright that RAF Regt Gunners and Officers attend a “nothing course” is somewhat disrespectful? Are you surprised that such a flippant, and frankly stupid, antagonistic comment has brought some negativity your way from those who served in the RAF Regt?

You appear to come across as someone who believes himself to be the big man with all the answers and to be better than everyone else in the ACO. That may or may not be true and I have no doubt that you’ll take offence to the very suggestion. You may even be very vocal in your rebuttle. But the fact remains that is the image your condescension portrays.

Perhaps a little personal review time is in order?

2 Likes

Wow, wish I’d never asked now!

Like I said at the top of the page, I was interested as I didn’t feel the Dress Regulations were clear on the matter. Didn’t expect to cause this much trouble. Do any of the nay sayers have chapter and verse on where it says CI’s have to wear ACO branded accessories on the very rare occasions they would wear DPM/MTP?

Everyone is going to know who CI Joe Bloggs is if he rocks up to his SAAI course with the Air Cadet Beret badge on his Andy Capp special whether he wears his mudguards and wings or not haha.

Charlie Indigo - apologies for hijacking your thread. Time it was brought back on topic.

1 Like

That’s no problem Gunner. Been away for the weekend and just caught up with it now.

Wouldn’t be a thread about the Regiment without appearances of the following:

The big three
5 miler of death
Brassing up your own CBA
Guarding the EFI
Barrier lifting
ice cream

Someone’s missed a trick not mentioning shooting your pal party tricks haha!

It was a serious question to start with but in the spirit of the thread: People on here have said this CI would have to wear the Air Cadet beret badge and Air Cadet uniform on the SAAI course… If this CI was also a member of his SQN’s band would he wear all his badges of qualification from his old ATC days such as yellow lanyard, marksman and Cadet 100, flying and gliding scholarship wings etc on his band blues…? Some of them must be as perpetuituous as Parachute Wings and mudguards and he would be in the correct uniform (and service) as he was when awarded them…

2 Likes

Children:

I have deleted some posts, removed inappropriate language from others and I’m very close to locking this topic.

All of you need to grow up and remember you’re representing yourself and the ACO/Whichever cadet organisation you’re from to the entire Internet.

If this doesn’t stay on topic I’m going to lock it and issue ban points. Take it to PM or better yet act like an adult and get over yourselves, be gracious and polite and bite your tongues.

So can I wear my Red Paw…

1 Like

You weren’t part of the ‘Red Hand Gang’ were you? Or the ‘Red Nose Gang’ as we called them, post NAAFI hop…

BZN?

2 Likes

An MP patch is a qualification badge, hard 6 month and then atleast 2 years on the job… do i get to keep my badge in the ACO​:thinking::joy:

1 Like

I think I threw up in my mouth a little bit…

IMO no one should be wearing anything that is not ATC, after all we are a youth organisation and therefore people should treat it like that. You wouldn’t wear Mud gaurds on a shout uniform so why wear it on the Air cadet uniform.

I agree to a point. But the ATC is a uniformed organisation, that’s what sets it apart.

Whilst I agree trade badges shouldn’t be worn, which means I’ll be losing my sparks if I decide to join as uniformed staff when my service is no longer required, qualification badges should be honoured.

In some ways I agree, forces personnel have done something I haven’t and I very much appreciate that. However, it’s a different suit so to speak as in a hobby and youth organisation.

I think the ATC should promote ex-regulars differently by maybe having open days at wings etc where those ex-forces members could set up stalls and do talks to cadets and staff.

Try saying that to the ex-two winged master race who like to sport their ‘wings’…

3 Likes

Wings? We are talking about real qualification badges here, not just a duty attend…

2 Likes