CFAV Fitness (For Duty)

Off topic it know, but… We can use DCCT’s and SATT’s run the course to qualify operators.
I was running one a few weeks ago

1 Like

Coming back on topic, is anyone else here a parkrunner?

Number 98 completed for me today, at a very steady rate.

3 Likes

Getting close to that 100.
76 for me.

2 Likes

Looking forward to being able to upgrade to the black t-shirt. Not looking forward to it then being 150 more before the green one becomes available.

Started seeing some 500 shirts near me now too. Impressive dedication!

1 Like

Im on 31, shame i couldnt do the one in Nijmegen this morning, needed a G on my Alphabet

2 Likes

Yeah 500 is some going! not seen one in the wild yet.

My home parkrun is a very rare letter, so we get lots of tourists. Yet to have a week where we don’t have tourists from Australia, South Africa, North America etc - so we see all sorts.

1 Like

I’ve done about three. Plan was always to do it on every Saturday off, but there haven’t been any of them since May.

1 Like

It’s something. Always there to up the numbers when you’re able to do so.

1 Like

I personally keep fit but did that before being an RAFAC volunteer. If you brought in place some form of fitness requirement for uniformed staff then you would need to change the structure of the corps.

Just at our Wing level and thinking about the uniformed CFAVs that were present, out of the 30 plus officers that age ranges from 20s-60s (maybe more) I could guarantee no more than 10 (on a good day) could run a parkrun of 5K in under 45 minutes.

You would need Squadrons to be run by Civilian instructors with a Uniformed sector commander to manage them.

I’ve had the same morning fitness routine for years:

“Up one-two, down one-two”

Then the other sock.

2 Likes

Mine generally involves laying in bed awake for a good half hour to an hour catching up on news/reddit/ACC/email etc. The exercise bit is holding my phone in the air over my head!

2 Likes

I’ve been doing it between sets :rofl:

I mean, same, but for me a set consists of dozing back off to sleep and then dropping my phone in my face :rofl:

I used someone else’s lessons from Atomic Habits to get myself out of bed early this morning, and knock out a very steady 25 minutes run.

Quite nice to know that my lunch break is now mine for dossing!

2 Likes

Watching the Tour de France and wondering how the hell anyone is riding today’s stage. These guys are ridiculously fit!

But what does the WGBT say??

1 Like

I’ve met some very sprightly and reliable grey-haired members of society and this organisation. Some of whom are far safer drivers behind the wheel of a minibus than others I’ve seen.

You seem to have taken a biased, stereotypical view…

4 Likes

Would depend on the driver. We forced my grandma to give up her license well before that. My 93 year old great uncle is still a better driver than most cretins half his age that you see on the road

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Fitness Chat