CCF Commissioning Process for non school staff

So perhaps all of the CFs should be adopting a (slightly modified) selection for CFC run at OASC Cranwell.
It would help to keep the department afloat.

As it’s a civilian commission, I no longer see the need for military staff to have much, if any input. Maybe we should have a civilian equivalent of OASC staffed by officers holding the CFC?

Y’know. Those who know what it’s like at the coal face and can select staff accordingly?

4 Likes

I must admit, I can no longer see the justification for forcing our officers to attend a location designed for regular service personnel. When we were given a real commission it made more sense - make us go through a similar standard as regulars for a similar commission. Now it’s completely separate it’s purpose is literally to keep people in jobs.

We need to have 1 process for all 3 (4) organisations now, and this should start with the first of the new commission issued. Otherwise it’s simply unfair.

The panel should be local, should be staffed by people who have done the role and should be independent.

2 Likes

Regulars.

Go on Sarge, I think you know the answer. It is fascial that anybody recruiting for an organisation in not in that organisation, has no experience of that organisation and doesn’t know how it operates.

Given that the move to CFC is being used as an opportunity to make us all 1 team by being appointed into RAFAC regardless of status, we still continue to have a 2 tier selection process.

Given that OASC is used for ALL RAF Officers, and aircrew who are Direct SNCO Entrants you could argue that a similar system is not a bad move for CFAVs.

What’s mad is 1 system for one and not the other and it being central makes it difficult for some, I’d empower the RCs to appoint both SNCOs & Officers based on a Regional Selection/Aptitude weekend staffed by the 5/6 OC Wings …

Or maybe a team of CFAV’s who’s remit is to travel around the Regions on set dates, holding the equivalent of OASC\SNCO boards. Having one team means the procedure is standardised and not subject to the spin that different RC’s might put on the process.

With CFC now being mooted as entirely civilian, continued regular military input would be - IMO - difficult to justify.

3 Likes

With CFC now being mooted as entirely civilian, continued regular military senior leadership team - IMO - difficult to justify.

Bring on Air Commodore Prune RAFAC With his deputy Group Captain Teflon. :joy:

Not even if your mum asked me to.

1 Like

Even after all the effort with a necromancer or Ouija board? The problem with using RAFAC staff is that politics should be even worse than it is now with Wing Staff. We probably wouldn’t get the best person for the role as they would probably still be working full time in a senior management role at work be unable to give the required volunteer time. I doubt very much they’d pay a RAFAC commandant air cadets a salary, certainly not one similar to the current boss.