Camp rules

And I am not a parent, demanding , as you put it, it was a suggestion to make sure the lender got their money back asap. I am also the Chair for this Squadron and a Trustee so giving me bank details should not be an issue

Seriously!! Get a reality check and a grip of yourself!!

He needs 2 meals because he is tall?? I am 6’4 and eat the same as my friends who are 5’ 8
He will of had the normal 3 meals a day all week same as everyone else and survived.

He will of had a breakfast before he left camp,
If over 4hrs they should of received a packed lunch
At worst when he gets home he may be a bit hungry
But it’s not life threatening or dangerous

Come on give yourself a shake and stop being a panick merchant!!!

8 Likes

Nothing about money in ACP4 (child protection), however, ACP20 AI202 para 21e says “CFC officers are not to: Give or loan personal money to cadets or other CFAVs.”. The rule is echoed in the sections for SNCO/WO and CI

1 Like

I said tall as opposed to big as he is not over weight but does enjoy his food.

Surely I am the one to get angry over this and not you? Your comments were offensive and again unhelpful. I would go as far to say upsetting! Is this the way one human being treats another??? If this is the case then you disgust me!

Where is he on camp? That may help some people provide information as to local people that could contact the camp com if you can’t.

The camp should have made suitable provisions for food that your son doesn’t need to buy any.

Well, here is what you signed for…

Note the suitable prepared section… That falls to you…

IMG_20181017_105132

The second bit, “air cadet care”.

You’ve signed to say you are happy with it.

3 Likes

Thank you for this.

I would like to say that I am not abrasive but I am very upset at some of the replies on here!

As the new Chair of this Squadron I was told I had a very likeable character and that the Wing Chairman had good vibes about me. I think his comments count for more than your crude judgement of me.

First and foremost I am a mum, please remember that.

How long is the journey home and what type of camp is it?

You are taking this out of context as I am asking about money not his care, for goodness sake!

Ok. Deadlydi you need to stop getting so angry. From an outside you’re being unreasonable, regardless of whatever else is going on. Stop complaining. It is completely unreasonable for me to give my bank details to a stranger because your son can’t manage his money properly.

Use the advice you’ve been given, speak to your OC or WExO. Don’t you dare berate any staff member coming back off camp for acting properly and within the regulations.

8 Likes

Don’t I dare, OMG you people are inhumane!!!

And I think that we need to reitereate that - unless something odd is happening here - cadets will be issued sufficient food for the journey.

5 Likes

Locked. You’re being inflammatory and unreasonable seemingly deliberately. There’s nothing inhumane about this - eating a bit less because you’ve lost/overspent isn’t a safeguarding issue, it’s a lifelesson. You have all the advice you need but you’re not willing to listen to it because you don’t like the answer. Your son will be fine. The staff member you plan to tell off for doing nothing wrong, however, won’t be. You might well put them off ever giving up a week of their annual leave for the benefit of your child again. Think about that.

23 Likes