Cadet UHF Frequency Changes

Ok, not heard of this before but will look into it, although I don’t have access to a waveform analyser to check my set.

Ok, not heard of this before but will look into it, although I don’t have access to a waveform analyser to check my set.[/quote]
I do, indirectly, and will ensure checks are made at the specific U and V channel spot-freqs allocated to us, and report back. I’ll only be able to do it presently for a U3R (which I reckon is much-more Cadetproof due to the lack of a keypad).

Has anyone been able to confirm a workable way to allow channel alphatags to be displayed on these, instead of the raw freqs? I was able to do this on the Ora 400 series radios I had at Sqn (until they went missing during a fieldex), same even on the VX-5. Also, lockdown in general, to prevent fiddle-factor: any luck with U5Rs/U3Rs being toggled into Noddy mode? Can’t seem to locate a solution for this at present.

wilf_san

ps @mike-foxtrot-lima: not familiar with the 1202 unless I know it under a different name. Cadet RATT on low UHF? Classic stuff…Creed /field impact printers or green-screen terminals? Or did you maybe have some chunks of unbinned TRIFFID/BRUIN?