Bulling the body of a parade shoe

There’s no requirement for anyone in cadets to be wearing Ammo boots, not only are they uncomfortable they are a damn health risk.

I doff my cap to the lads back in the day that used to fight wars wearing them.

1 Like

Well they are steel toecap boots, but not drill boots. They would be feild boots, were it not for the steel toecap

1 Like

Why bull them though? They are work boots, not drill boots. 10/10 for enthusiasm but completely pointless. Just polish them up, or wear some normal shoes. Wait until you are in uniform and put all your energy into them and bulled up.

Protip, a pair of issue winter sock pulled over the toecaps helps protect them when I
Boxed up.

1 Like

Mostly personal enjoyment, partly to set a good example to the Cadets.

2 Likes

Also because one or two people want me to by “old self” (eg my personality from when I was a Cadet) and this is a way to do partially do so without having to revert to some of my more obnoxious characteristics which I do not wish to revive for my potential staff role.

1 Like

Whoa whoa whoa… personal enjoyment for bulling boots… you are destined for uniform!

:slight_smile:

I enjoy it a lot actually, I keep them by the sofa and give them a little bull after work if I put the TV on for half an hour.

is this not a Wing SOP for all photos??

the number of events i have seen a photographer at and yet there are only ever half a dozen at best shared on twitter or facebook a week later.
was there really only a handful of photos worth sharing from a full day of photography?

2 Likes

When talking about bulling shoes

Suppose we better stand by for Saturday nights numerous posts on Facebook about getting my shoes bulled and uniform ready for the parade tomorrow :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Is that a bad thing? It’s better than kids posting about how much vodka they’re planning to swill over the weekend …

I’m talking about staff posting…
Come on, do you need to tell everyone how dedicated you are every year?

Well it’s certainly better than staff posting about how much vodka they’re planning to swill over the weekend lol …

I guess they don’t HAVE to, but given that they are participating in the most important national ritual that we have, what’s the harm?

Young padawan, understand you will when you have 50+ friends on facebook all posting the same thing. Gets old very quickly.

1 Like

There is not harm, but some of the posts look as if they are the only ones parading.

Well I guess I see your point. It could always be worse though, like somebody marching along with a selfie stick …

Or it becomes 50 friends 300 posts

Big parade tomorrow left shoe is done now to start the right…

The right one is done now, do they look the same…

Shirt is ironed now for the No1s

Omg… my number ones are too tight…

YELLOW CARD!!
Someone might try it

Somebody might well try it, maybe chuck a cheeky little salute to the left on the march in there …

As a cadet we used to bull shoes at the start of NCO house parties AND have lots of vodka

3 Likes

Nightclub until 2am followed by 9am at the squadron as a cadet. Those were the days!

2 Likes