Beeswaxing parade shoes

[quote=“Foley” post=1025]Nah mate, just my DMS. The Oxfords are a pain to do and I don’t really have the time. I wear Oxfords at the Sqn and DMS for parades. Have you tried to get your Oxfords looking good?[/quote]You do realise that the dress regs state that you are to wear Oxfords in No 1s?

Where did he mention No1s?

It was a conclusion based on being an officer (according to his signature) and being on parade!

Ah, the danger of assumption :wink:

Beeswax and boots all the way! :popcorn:

Who will guard the guards themselves?

Who watches the watchmen?

AP 1385 Ch 2 - No1

Better get polishing! My DMS are shinier than my Oxfords, but cant get away with wearing them on parade as my Oxfords have blakies, plus the DMS I wear to work are painted.

I also stood by the principle of bulling the whole shoe due to the rules for female while a cadet and still carry this on now out of habit. It is easier with no toe cap though.

Just be careful with the Kiwi Parade Gloss, they tend to crack after some time and will make it harder to polish in the long run. I would stay away from that stuff, it will only make your shoes shine for a bit and will ruin your base.

Yes, and I will, whenever Turner Virr pulls their finger out and sends them to my parent Station. 6 months and counting… :angry:

My CO’s oxfords are shiny… You having finger trouble?

[quote=“merlin456” post=2244]My CO’s oxfords are shiny… [/quote]Are they patent leather?

Are they the leather soled oxfords? Let’s be sensible here, DMS parade shoes are still Oxford style shoes. They just have rubber soles. So you can wear them with number ones. Which I will if I ever get any…

Nope, beeswaxed!

Baldrick: Regardless whether you think that DMS and Oxfords look the same is irrelevant. They are a different style of shoe and rules are there to be adhered to.

Officers/WO’s are to wear oxfords when in No1 uniform and DMS for all other duties.

Hit the ‘THANK YOU’ button if you all agree!!! :slight_smile:

In all honesty, this is one regulation which I would rather follow in a manner designed to achieve the purpose of the rule, not the letter of the rule. My Oxford shoes do not (and will not) shine as well as my DMS. And as the regs state I must wear ‘Highly Polished’ Oxford Pattern Shoes. I think I’ll wear my best effort in my best uniform. Which is my Oxford Style, DMS Shoes.

Your call I suppose. I would rather my Officers had shiny shoes over just polished shoes.

Hit the ‘THANK YOU’ if you agree… :slight_smile:

[quote=“merlin456” post=2258]Your call I suppose. I would rather my Officers had shiny shoes over just polished shoes.[/quote]So DMS rather than issued “oxfords” then? :slight_smile:

If that is your best pair. I give up. I’ve tried to be nice and helpful and I get bad karma! 2 in one day, I can’t even see why I get bad karma… Silly addition.

Its not just the message you deliver, it’s how you deliver it :wink:

For what its worth I agree there is a (slight) difference in style between issued DMS and Oxfords - Oxfords have a pointier toe cap.