Bader - the good, the bad and the ugly truth

Keep visitors separate as a) they are an exception and b) they are supposed to read the H&S briefing which can be on the clipboard that they have to sign.

Off topic but why are we required to run registers for evacuations in a manner which is far beyond anything that you see in the workplace? I’m surprised they don’t make us have mandatory fire warden training!

Don’t suggest it!
That will become another annual qual to renew!

Our wing is making us do that… One person per unit must have it.

1 Like

too late…:persevere:

I have a stash of helmets and high vis vests on the squadron. I may attach a yellow flashing light to the top of the helmet and designate a cadet as duty fire warden who wears it.

It would be funny if i actually believed that very soon it will be mandated.

We do a physical roll call at work, as people come and go during the day and visitors.
Better than saying to Mr Fireman dunno if anyone’s inside, surely.

They are kept by the main door near the office, so not a problem. Last man out collects them if they’ve not been taken already.

Sometime lo tech gives a more sensible approach than falling over yourself to go hi tech just to try and impress people who are easily impressed and there are a lot of them around.

1 Like

Even better if as CO I didn’t have to tick the box for authorisation, which iMO defeats the purpose of someone else doing it.
I’ve heard the argument that it’s so the CO knows about it, but which CO wouldn’t know if something was going on, given that they are likely to be involved any way.

We use Bader a lot!

When I get certificates in the post, my staff scan them and upload them straight onto Bader, then we award the paper copy.

I love the fact that I can see who is and isnt qualified on SMS broken down by subject and then into individual qualifications. My Staff and Staff Cadets now use this to and we use this as a targeting tool to try and obtain more qualifications. We have quite a lot of cadets so saves the need for spreadsheets and cadets sitting in lessons multiple times before someone realises they have actually done everything and wasted their time.

3 Likes