Army & Sea Cadets Media teams smashing it again

They also don’t understand what they’re actually publishing.

This er could erm lead to problems or mistakes - and criticism.

Ahem…

2 Likes

This is part of the problem ie HQAC rely heavily on CFAV to do things, other than keep the organisation going for them. There is the transient nature of CFAV and then HQAC’s penchant for “annoying” those who they get to do things for them as they forget CFAV have real jobs. I know a few people who have been “seconded” to HQAC and have said they forget we have real jobs and families.
You could see a situation of a group of CFAV pipe up and say we’ll do some videos etc for you. HQAC and us want more yesterday, they get the ache, find something else to or HQAC just treat them like crap and you’re back to square one.

There are a number of FTRS jobs that could be binned and use that money to employ people, supported by people doing it as degree who want the experience and hey presto you potentially have a sustainable group. These could be CFAV, employed. Last year where I work, they took on a graduate who wanted some experience in school IT, as the bloke doing it was up to his eyes sorting out stuff for teachers and laptops for the kids. This chap has found a job at a school starting in Sep, shame, but the school couldn’t take him on.

1 Like

A bit of a revival.

Just noticed “The Rifles” Army Cadet video on Instagram…

Nice aerial videography, presumably taken by a drone on the defence estate (wonder how hard getting permission for that was!?), and nice close up of contact drills etc (forgive the terminology, I’m not fiedcrafty)… All with blank firing rifles.

Looked like pretty exciting stuff…!

Another social media win for the Army Cadets.

5 Likes

On this note, I thought the National Aerospace Camp team make a good job of the camp social media - maybe they could be given passwords for the national accounts. Their videos were pretty good.

3 Likes

I know at least one of the staff involved with the NAC is a professional journalist so that probably helps.

Got a link? Must be being a biff, but I cant find the one with drone footage.

As it was sponsored it has now gone! I’ll grab a link next time it comes round, sorry!

There’s a form called “Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Recreational/One Time Use Approval Form” that I’ve seen before to do this. Not sure how to go about it though!

Rule #1; “it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission

4 Likes

Swynnerton were quite happy to accept an approach and discussion with the TSO to allow drone usage. They were more concerned about things like lasers and the like on military drones than cameras on ours when I discussed it with them.

2 Likes

It is quite straightforward, you need a sponsor who is full time (military or MOD civil servant) and fill in a form.

Recruitment set up is outstanding…

2 Likes

And we get the ACE kit that hasn’t been seen in years because it’s too complicated to set up and use :man_shrugging:t2:

Don’t you need a c class plus E to use it aswell

In a perverse, roundabout way, it’s actually a kind good thing we don’t put quite as much into recruitment.

If you squint a bit (a lot), and only focus on one bit of logic…

The Army Cadets, funded by the Army, are big on recruitment to get more cadets in, to get more people interested in the Army, which is suffering on the recruitment grounds. They need to attract more people and more varied people.

The RAF doesn’t. Not really. Pretty much every role is oversubscribed with potential interest, meaning the RAF doesn’t need to work quite so hard at getting people in, which in turn means they don’t need to put quite so much focus on getting young people into and interested in the cadets.

To be fair, with the changes going through to trailer towing laws, we could look to have some larger trailer PR set ups, as having people with the right license to tow will not be an issue anymore. Although this won’t benefit the ACE platform, but given their age, and previous issues, do we need to bite the bullet with them now?

Personally I’m not a big fan of central recruitment for Cadets.

For Staff yeah we need it and a decent media presence to keep the organisation in the public is also good.

Casey recruitment is very unit based. I only used to run 1 at most 2 intakes per year, so a National recruitment event outside of those dates was of no use to me.

3 Likes

I thought they were gone already to be honest. Rotting at Scampton or somewhere last I heard.

What is the ACE kit? Don’t think I’ve actually seen it…

1 Like

Yes, but we dont do this to recruit for the services, that’s a side benefit.
We do this to offer opportunities to the youth of our Country.

I have capacity for X cadets. National and local campaigns would help me fill to that capacity.

Sometimes I think that certain Sqns dont want to recruit as that would mean…urgh…

Cadets joining…

And they are just hard work… right!

I dont get the reason some volunteer.