Army & Sea Cadets Media teams smashing it again

“Up next on your screens its another episode of ‘Inside the Air Cadets’, which sees the cadets staring at some screens pretending to do stuff that was once done outside!”

2 Likes

Ditto the International Air Cadet Exchange which has just finished.

4 Likes

In fairness, they’ve had some half decent attempts at putting out coverage of the muster and RIAT, both hosted by cadets.

It’s still small scale in the grand scheme, but it’s progress and a lot better than most of what’s been put out before.

If these two are just the beginning, then hopefully it will build into something bigger and better.

5 Likes

That was fun, just chuck everything in your bag and get dressed quickly. Had my trousers on back to front the first time in my haste

1 Like

Anyone know in detail what the sea cadet aviation courses involve - they look quite fun!

Facebook - Sea cadet aviation

1 Like

Yeap - it comes up every few years about this time… Sea Cadets Aviation

3 Likes

36 likes, 3 comments - mandyhicksonspeaker on August 28, 2023

This time its the Girl Guides with a new ambassador…

RAFAC, feet shotgun interface, and Mandy Hickson flew with the AEF at Boscombe.

Made me chunder once.

1 Like

And an ex air cadet to boot…

Second female Tornado pilot, good career in the RAF and beyond, author…

Oh, and actually worked with us, delivering a virtual guest speaker talk during our shut down.

Yet isn’t an ambassador?

3 Likes

Perhaps she isn’t good at rowing??

1 Like

Is she still an Ambassador? All I’ve ever heard was her repeatedly having to postpone/be rescued when attempting to row, then recently not be present at the Aerospace Camp.

Pretty sure I’ve seen Chris Hoy at more events with cadets :joy:

Officially I believe she is but I don’t think she’ll live down the nickname of “Aunty Albert”….

When did we last see our current ambassador :man_shrugging:t2:

That’s if she still is :roll_eyes:

Whilst we are talking about sea cadets media - saw this on Twitter which made me laugh…

4 Likes

or cycling…

1 Like

Can fly an aircraft though!

1 Like

Not necessarily related to the Sea Cadets media… more their approach to things. And we could learn so much from their approach…

Cadet Conference – for cadets, about cadets, by cadets

All cadets are invited to apply to attend Cadet Conference. The event will take place at a beadwindow weekend in 2024 . This will be an opportunity for young people to learn more about Cadet Voice and develop skills and confidence whilst having fun along the way! There will be lots of support available during the weekend so if they don’t always find it easy to speak out, we can help with that.

Who?
The conference is open to any sea cadet or royal marines cadet aged 12 and over, of any rank/rate.

When?
Cadet Conference will take place [beadwindow]

Where?
The conference will be at Kingswood in [beadwindow], and transport to and from the conference will be arranged for everyone no matter where they are based in the UK.

What?
Cadet Conference is a whole weekend of activities, workshops and discussions where cadets will help to further develop the Sea Cadets Experience. The weekend will be designed and planned by cadets from the 2023 National Cadet Voice Team and will be looking at topics that have been discussed throughout the year by cadets from all over the UK.

How to apply?
To apply, encourage your child to click here and register their interest. They will need to be registered on the Sea Cadets Portal. If they’re not yet on the Portal, here is a poster explaining all the registration steps.

Once their unit has booked them on, we will send your child a form for them to fill out and tell us everything about themselves and what is it that makes them want to represent their unit at Cadet Conference 2024. We can only select one cadet from each unit, so it is important that your child lets us know why they are passionate about Cadet Voice.

3 Likes

Yeah, not really relevant to us though, is it?