An attempt to be more in touch?

Well we could do with an extra officer, I’m sure she’d come in handy.

But she’d be retired on a veritable king’s ransom so she’ll have all the time to do things.

She could be your SM update officer

Can’t disagree the corps needs more staff.

The reason I asked the second point was I wouldn’t be sure if I was OC of wanting her in the sqn.
Initially I think it would do the sqn good with some PR but after a while would she be effective? By that I feel perhaps to many people would be wanting her to still help here and there, turn up do some hand shakes so
Would she be able to fully commit to the sqn and help at weekends?

Eventually you would need to ask would it be fair on the sqn or her to have her at a sqn??

If she was to be an officer on a squadron of mine I’d expect her to do the job of a squadron officer.

If she wanted to do some PR and shake some hands then I’m sure she’d be good as a Sqn President.

1 Like

More to the point, would she have the followership skills to suit whichever role without rubbing people the wrong way?

Why not? She’s an officer in a hierarchical organisation, not The Queen. She has a boss now, she’d have a boss then. Not knowing her personally, I wouldn’t want to guess as to whether she would be able to fit in the role or not.

1 Like

Granted, but she’d be at a different level and with higher insight than those who would be making requests of her.

It’s hard to turn off your past, and I’m not stating she couldn’t do it, more pointing out that it might take some getting used to.

If she joined my Sqn I would certainly prepare for a square peg round hole scenario to begin with.

if she joined any sqn it would be incredibly disruptive.Any unit would instantly become the eye of the storm with a never ending queue of glad handing visitors.

Just say no. And I would hope that she would want to just be Dawn and get her down and into what she needs to do.

Would it?

Not at mine, I wouldn’t have her.

Liability - dead wood