Amalgamation of Cadet Forces

i stand corrected in that case…

That they don’t is because the other service’s cadet forces already exist.
You’re looking at it the wrong way around.

Imagine the other cadet forces weren’t there and the argument was about cost saving… Do you honestly think 3 distinct uniforms would survive?

Having seen pictures of some in ‘blues’ then MTP/DPM covers a multitude of sins.

2 Likes

If it meant actually having uniforms to issue to cadets and having an extra couple of minibuses in the Wing/Bn, I’d set fire to the blues myself…

4 Likes

I may be wrong but I think a blue suit is cheaper than a cabbage one? (by quite a bit)

1 Like

Shoes would be a lot cheaper for a start.

they probably are, but add in the costs of two sets of contracts, QC inspections, supply mechanisms, dress commitees, and then add in the cost (and opportunity cost) of ATC staff spending forever on the scrounge for MTP/DPM, and the cost to cadets of having to source their own MTP/DPM and boots - which the ACO and Sqn’s has to factor in when deciding on the prices for subs and events - and you get a more reasitic figure of what the blue uniform costs, rather than what the price is.

Another Issue is budgets. The MoD pay for the RAFAC, Army Cadets and (I presume) the Naval CCF. They do not fund either the SCC or STC or any other Naval Sea Cadets. This is possibly because there is more than one Sea Cadet Organisation?
So, in the grand scheme, it would cost more money to set up, but then save money in running costs. The phrase “Spend to save” is not used by our current government!