Admin Process Management Team

And also how do you know that an OC couldn’t be bothered. I find it much more likely that they simply forgot,given the amount of forms that we need to fill in on a nightly basis.

1 Like

You would need an awful lot of people not doing it have that sort of effect. I can’t imagine an order being much more £50.

Most business-to-business transactions are invoiced, and payment is made after delivery. I thought that was the standard approach? It’s all I’ve ever known.

Just had to purchase some replacement pellet catcher back plates & springs for our air rifle range - payment in advance.

If the way the sqn number badges are paid for is a problem then change the system. We email (radical new communication system) company and whichever bod in HQAC who needs to know, they make the payment at that point. We can then email them on receipt if needed. Why we have to rely on bits of paper floating around has to be a public sector anachronistic way of doing things.

I quite enjoyed the threat of publicly humiliating offending Squadrons if they failed to comply - what do we teach cadets on Cdt NCO courses about not telling people off in public again?

3 Likes

But they’ve done similar before when there was a snot on about CWCs not gettiing financial year end returns in, subs not getting paid to Wing and when Bader first hit the scene if you were tardy about getting information on there for the ivory towers.

Do as I say not as I do … is the maxim I believe.

So, first meeting is on 3 Oct 15 - anything else you want on my list!?!

I think the word is ‘bump’ - speak now!!

No point, they won’t do anything about the sea of admin that the ATC is floundering under.

its a waste of time, you don’t put an administrator in charge of an organisation in the knowledge that that they will reduce administration.

if you put an Engineering Officer in charge of a fighter Sqn that Engineering Officer would not take the view that its engineering was considered just fine by the headshed and that they needed to spend more time flying at 600knts through the Scottish mountains, and if you put an Artillery Officer in charge of an Inf Bn that Officer would not assume that his bosses felt that the Bn’s knowledge and practice of Mortars and Fires direction was just dandy and that he should concentrate of phys and section tactics…

administrators administrate. thats what they do.

The old ABRT was a waste of O2 because it was being lead by and all about people who know the square root of SFA about the organisation outside the Ivory Towers. They may think they do by having the odd meeting here and there or flesh pressing at an awards do, but from the very nature of what comes out, we all know they don’t.

The fact this seems to be having some proper input from ‘the coalface’, it will be interesting to see how it goes. What I would suggest is an all Sqn OC email via bader alerting us to the fact this is going on and then a follow up after the initial meeting. I’ve not seen anything official about this asking for input. I know this might have been difficult to collate, but I think we should be kept informed as to what is deemed by HQAC as being in/out of scope. It will give us all a flavour of their feelings on the matter.

More administration?

Maybe, but if it keeps us informed worthwhile.

Better than numpty forms and box ticking on SMS for the sake of it just to appease our many paper shufflers.

It seems this meeting has had no advertising despite (or maybe inspite of) the fact it might be beneficial to the volunteers.

The most important thing they need to understand is the importance of communication, and the need to develop a useful comms policy, eg.

All activities should be administered through SMS (including bidding for places). Email notifications should be sent for those that want to receive them.
Announcements should be put on Sharepoint, bypassing unnecessary intermediaries. Regardless of whether it’s from Corps, Region or Wing, Squadrons should receive the actual wording whenever practical.

Most volunteers are very resilient when faced with bad news (although the gliding situation is doing a particularly good job of dampening morale). The real stinger is when we’re not told anything at all.

@xab now the first meeting has occurred, is the team likely to achieve anything, and when are we likely to see any improvements/changes here at the coalface. Where any points not raised in the thread discussed?

Hi All,

First meeting took place this weekend just gone and was really successful - this is the first opportunity I have had to update you so apologies for that!

I am doing some work on behalf of the team at the moment to rationalise the lengthy discussions into something readable that has clear timescales and information relating to things we can actually help deliver on.

As you would expect, there will be things that can’t be delivered due to the complexity of the finance systems and the availability of HQ staff as well as the regulatory environment imposed by HMRC. They have much bigger issues than you can imagine and there are some real practical issues with delivering, for instance, electronic Form 80 etc.

However, there are real possibilities with things like HTD and associated proceses and payments which I think will please a lot of you - if you aren’t using Bader SMS staff registers, its time to engage ladies and gents (hint).

All of that information will be promulgated (along with the TORs for the Sqn Cdrs Sub Group) on the (I think) existing HQAC Sharepoint sub-site currently labelled as ABRT.

The need to communicate effectively with frontline CFAVs about what this very small group of people are doing was discussed at length and there was acute understand that we need to do so.

I believe the group is well worth (my) continued involvement and has senior support from COS ACO other senior HQAC staff.

What we do need are some more Sqn Cdr / DF Cdr volunteers to get involved. PM me if you are interested and I will speak to the group chair on your behalf. I have emphasised the need for the group to be reflective and representative, which at the moment I don’t think it is and we need some broader representation - that will only change if we get some volunteers.

Regards,

I’m sorry, this is where i will pull myself off the fence here.

It IS entirely possible to design a system for which people can submit pay claim, which also links into HMRC RTI data. By doing so they WILL save money, and it WILL become cost efficient after a few years. The real reason this is not popular is because it will ultimately lead to headcount reductions.

Either a headcount reduction or more controversially, and less likely, an increased efficiency and competency in other areas.

Looks like the APMT is once again to be reborn this time under the direction of the new RC North, who based on an email seemingly sent to Convention Attendees (OC Wings & WEXOs) and kindly published on SharePoint that he has a significant background in Personnel Management and wants to review our current processes in this area to stream line them.

@xab has there been any more progress from the OC Sub Group or development of any process improvement that may be seen by us on the front line?