Admin Burden Reduction Team

I have had the email from the Sqn Cdr assigned to the team that I think went to everyone in my region, other than that I cannot recall being asked for any other opinions. I have certainly not had any request from Wing for opinions.

I cannot say I have seen any interim comments or topics that have been discussed.
I do hope that this body actually does make a difference and is not just another discussion with no real or noticeable positive change

The notion of going through a ‘filter’ would suggest a hidden “in/out of scope” list.
Why can’t the ideas come straight from the “shop floor” akin to the change request on s/point? I bet that the top areas to reduce admin at sqns would soon be identifiable and allow us to see what things are being suggested. Unless of course reducing admin at the coalface is not the expected outcome.

397K it’s early days but I suspect it will be a talking shop, and, as it appears everything will have to go through the ACMB, those with a vested interest in retaining admin, regardless of what we think, would not be keen on seeing it’s reduction.

OK I’m new here but I have been around the ACO for many, many years and have seen and heard of many similar projects; most of which have sadly failed to make any tangible difference.
I do however have a good feeling about this one. Why this one? Because I believe the Commandant and the ACMB are genuinely behind this project 110% and have empowered the Team to act and make changes without the need to keep running back for permission. Also, as I understand it the submission of ideas and suggestions is open to absolutely everyone across the Corps top to bottom. So if the project doesn’t focus on the issues that concern YOU then surely that’s as much your fault for not pushing them hard enough? It’s easy to feed ideas in to the ABRT Team just go to the relevant pages on BADER and contact one of the team members.

The team has a member acting as “champion” for every tier of the ACO, from squadron staff, OCs, WSOs, E1s and more.

A friend of mine recently submitted something to the ABRT on my suggestion - basically a local policy which has no place with the advent of SMS and one that is preventing the use of her qualifications due to the delay it causes.

She was told there was nothing they could do about it as it was a local policy; forgive me, but I though that was the whole point of the team?

The Bader page doesn’t make it clear that everyone can contribute nor anything intimating this. As I said a “change or service request” style input format would be far more open to all users and we and they could see the actual things regarded as a burden. Sending things in to an individual would just get the sort of response as mentioned by Redowling. IF they aren’t prepared to tackle local policies that add extra admin or hold ups, then I don’t hold out much hope that they are going to tackle some of the bigger admin headaches, affecting us day to day.

I doubt that anyone can give more than 100% of their support and or time. I wish I could share your optimism Lynch Mob, but I too have seen far too many initiatives over the years that have come in promising much and delivering little if anything.

The problem is if this as wide in its representation as suggested, this area is littered with quick wins which if the assembled members (especically those from the coalface) aren’t aware of and been able to put forward at the first meeting, then they aren’t in the same Corps I’m in. IMHO they shouldn’t need our input.

The first 2 meetings do seem to have been sorting out the tea and biccie rota and some waffle about things on ultilearn. I feel the ultilearn comments may, ironically, just add more of an admin burden.

If an idea was rejected for a sound reason that’s one thing but I was lead to believe that a fundamental point of the exercise was the sharing of best practice? (my sources tell me this was discussed in depth at the recent WExO and ARC conference).
It might be worth firing that proposal back in at a higher level - perhaps direct to the Chair, RC North?

I wouldn’t worry too much about what may or may not have come out of the first two meetings though. Big changes never happen quickly do they? The first couple of meetings of any sizeable project team will probably focus on first identifying the key issues so I imagine in an undertaking of this scale (the size and diversity of this organisation is quite frankly staggering) we cannot realistically expect to see real results at the coalface this side of 2015?

Will RC(N)'s new job mean a new project leader for the ABRT or the end of it?

The end of it I reckon as it was only for show.