You know what really makes me laugh?

The phone call I’ve just had, effectively telling me off for being proactive.

Can’t win in this organisation.

1 Like

[quote=“pEp” post=21294]The phone call I’ve just had, effectively telling me off for being proactive.

Can’t win in this organisation.[/quote]
Work or ATC?
Either way you must have trodden on someone’s toes who sees it as their job and couldn’t bear the thought that someone else has done it and they are expendable and or exposing them to critique as they should have done it.

My CI polo shirt has arrived at WHQ, more than 2 years after my ‘effective date’…

1 Like

My eldest daughter has opened a yahoo email acct and she has 1TB of space it says something daft like space for 54 million emails. Makes the 40MB of Bader accounts laughable.

Alex Salmond’s news that he wants to stand as a MP. … edit 13 DEC - The irony of this wasn’t missed by Ian Hislop on HIGNFY last night.

Unless I’ve got it wrong, a few months ago he wanted nothing to do with Westminster and assumed he still does, obviousy the Job Centre had nothing for him and he still wants to be part of the parliamentary gravy train.
Given that Diviband and Labour doesn’t want anything to with English only votes for English only matters, Salmond senses if he gets in he can be a thorn in the side of the English as he can go eeny meeny… when it comes to voting on such things, as his constituents won’t be affected.

MPs being caught out by bogus interviews AGAIN.
Given this isn’t the first instance there must come a point when you would think, where is this going?
If they were a bit more savvy you’d have thought they’d make up fantasical stories with dates, places, ficticious people, amounts and so on that would have meant they couldn’t have been able to do anything as suggested. So that when it came out they could refute it with strong evidence.

What I find interesting is I thought that secretly recording people was inadmissable as evidence of anything. Everyone got quite annoyed by phone hacking and tapping, yet everyone seems quite happy that reporters pose as someone they’re not and then record the conversations for nefarious reasons.

1 Like

[quote=“glass half empty 2” post=23627]
What I find interesting is I thought that secretly recording people was inadmissable as evidence of anything. Everyone got quite annoyed by phone hacking and tapping, yet everyone seems quite happy that reporters pose as someone they’re not and then record the conversations for nefarious reasons.[/quote]

Reporters aren’t using it as “evidence in a trial” they are using it for jounralistic purposes, and thats a specific part of the law. Where it crosses the line was where observers tap phones and listen to voicemails, whilst the material they found was for jounralistic processes, they committed offences in other areas.

I think it’s a very thin line as what they do is used to damage character and reputation, without the expense of going through a trial.

In many ways people taking advantage of their position is hardly groundbreaking news anyway. I just find it amusing they continually get found out.

My dad worked for a building contractor in the 60s and he said they did jobs for people in planning as sweeteners and they used to get nice Christmas presents, and one my mates dad who was a clerk of works had a very nice house with an extension built-in bar and so on all built and a few years on I found out the work was done for nothng or well below the going rate. My cousin was able to keep her house becuase her dad was a freemason. I know people in the Police who get on due to a handshake.

Personally I think there are more important things to worry about, than someone making financial or personal gain from their position.

What makes me laugh? The new joke of an advert for Army Officer… How anyone can take that seriously I have no idea.

Love? Your not making chocolate bunnies with your kids you silly bint. Your going to war. Although maybe that’s how she got through sandhurst, a bit of “love”…

Listening to Steve Wright there will be a set of stamps commemorating 50 years of Pink Floyd, yet we were told that when approached Royal Mail wouldn’t do one for 75 Years of the ATC as there wouldn’t be enough interest.

Puts the ATC in perspective don’t you think.

English looking for some sort of Welshness, for the football match tonight. This is v v v v v v v v v v sad.

Joke’s on them, now…

I imagine it’ll be Scottish for the tennis now.

You are geographically challenged, it was WEST England playing… :wink:

3 Likes

It’s Wales again now

I don’t remember it being granted independence!

When they were winning after England got knocked out, they became British and now they’re Welsh again, like Murray at the moment he’s British, as and when he loses he’ll be a plucky Scot.

Corrected that for you.

I’ve just had a parent ask for the postcode for a War Memorial so she can put it into her sat nav. We are on a BoB Parade and we always meet at the war memorial and go for a buffet in the Legion nearby.
I said to her it’s the largeish obelisk with a cross on it on a bit of grass with some flowerbeds around it on the main road. I tried to not be too condescending.

If she can’t find it, I’m phoning social services to get her children taken away … people like this shouldn’t be allowed to give birth.

I’ve never had a sat nav and never will. Being from a time of only paper maps and a road name and the occasional take the 2nd left after the (insert feature), I never got lost. Even better with a GR. Even now if it’s somewhere I’ve never been before I use online mapping and get an understanding of the local area and maybe print out a small section. I’ve got a map on my phone, but the battery drains way like water when taking a plug out of the sink, so I never use it.

Ha ha! It’s like all modern technology, if used wisely, it can be an advantage - such as advance traffic information - helped me going home the other week, as a major section of road had been closed off due to a fatal crash. Last year, on M25, it showed me the issue in time for me to turn off (& before traffic reports on the radio) - the section was closed for 4+ hrs due to a fuel spillage, so I missed getting stuck.

However, if used without any idea of direction or distance, then watch out!!

Some years ago, one of my wife’s friends was coming to visit. Her route to the M25 was simple, an extension of her route to work, so should have been easy. Then around the M25, up the A1(M), & turn off. I was expecting a 'phone call as she got close, as the last few miles were slightly more difficult to navigate.

Journey should have taken about 2.5 hrs, even with a stop for her kids to have a quick loo break. Some 4 hrs later, got the expected 'phone call - but not the expected content, she was lost. So, I asked what was the last motorway junction she remembered… There was the problem, she hadn’t been BEEN on a motorway at all, & was about 50 miles west of us!! Goodness what she had followed on her sat-nag, as when I checked after she eventually arrived, it had “fastest route” selected as default.