You know what really grinds my gears? The Gears Strike Back

As in ‘you haven’t replied to my last text to you’ from about 10 days ago.

'Phone on a go-slow, eh Lee?

[quote=“Leeroy” post=6012]People who don’t know the difference between “Reply” and “Reply To All”[/quote]Or people who send 2Mb of attachments to everybody north of Wales :wink:

People who say a point is ‘moot’ when they actually mean the opposite. :wink:

What Grinds my gears!

The Stuck up military police (mainly RMP) who think they can rule the world!..

(have to admit that not all Service Police are stuck up - so take no offence)

[quote=“woodhouse2152” post=6874]What Grinds my gears!

The Stuck up military police (mainly RMP) who think they can rule the world!..

(have to admit that not all Service Police are stuck up - so take no offence)[/quote]

Care to elaborate a little Mr Woodhouse…? or have we had a tellig off from the Bullies with Red Lids?

Oh no haha! I just heard a few stories from friends that are in the services :L they just said that they have had a few RMP’s that are stuck up and think they rule the place.

Im not trying to offend anyone

Can sympathise with the dislike of RMPs. Whilst on the MERT (med-evac) tasking in Bastion few years back, we were given a land rover sans blue lights to race to/from call outs, the idea being flashing hazards, headlights, frantic beeping of the horn and the big white MERT letters painted along the side of the vehicle were sufficient to warn others of our intentions. On one such shout a near collision with a Warrior pulling out of a junction caused the driver to swerve and put the land rover into a drainage ditch. Low and behold the next day RMPs rock up at the sqn compound and proceed to attempt to book said individual for speeding, unbelievable! Needless to say said coppers feet didn’t touch after 1 x angry WO had words with his superiors!

GMG… every one of the contestants on The Apprentice.

Seriously I cant see any of them has any redeeming attributes at all, and they blatantly need a frying pan to the face.

and some needing it more than once too!

They’re at it again… if this is the future of British business we’re screwed!

answering the phone

“Good morning Joe Bloggs speaking”

“hello, my name is David from a company you dont want to talk to, is Mr Joe Bloggs there?”

They’re at it again… if this is the future of British business we’re screwed![/quote]
I think they’re picked because they are pretentious idiots. But then again they epitomise the sort we get come through as management trainees. They haven’t really got the gear, let alone an idea, but bless them, they do.

I did think the spoof audition by the comedian woman on the first “You’ve Been Fired” was excellent.

I find it incredible that every series you get the same sort of rubbish comments and they all make the same mistakes.

Mind you in terms of reality TV it’s better than anything else I’ve seen.

And Lord AMS!

I read the CACs comic article and shook my head in disbelief. I was told years ago, when you apply for a job find out about the firm you are looking to get a job with. This is made almost child’s play with the internet.

Apparently she didn’t know how much we did or that we put as much personal time (she left out money) into the Corps, or that what we do doesn’t fit into the Mon to Fri 9-5 routine. I must admit the way I read the bit about not knowing how much we did, as you do so much inspite of the barriers we at HQAC et al, put in the way.

Also not actually realising we put so much personal time into the Corps, highlights the notion I get of HQAC and those in the ivory towers, that we do all of the admin and organising in c.5 hours spread over 2 nights a week. It’s just as well HQAC don’t have to pay us for all of our time. Like all voluntary organisations, what you actually see, is only a fragment of the tip of the iceberg. To think it just happens is extremely naive.

When you type ‘13’ in Bader, and it defaults to 1913! WTAF?!?

oops

Whatever the wrongs of MPs and members of the House of Lords, accepting money from lobbyists, do they not have grounds to sue the papers and BBC for entrapment and secret filming?
These people go out of their way to deceive the politicians and get away with it. IIRC the police have had to stop using entrapment methods.

AFAIK entrapment isn’t illegal, it’s just not permissible as the basis for a prosecution.

is it not easier just to be an honest law abiding person??

GMG that the staff at a nearby squadron call the Tutor, Vigilant and Viking ‘the Grob’, “because some of the cadets don’t know the proper names and so it wouldn’t be fair”.