You know what really grinds my gears? The Gears Strike Back

I would imagine it means they don’t want to get out of bed at the weekends.
Requring volunteers to do week courses as the only option is a little short-sighted.

I wonder what TG5s job actually is? Does their JD have anything vaguely alluding to supporting CFAV? Or come to that actually encouraging shooting as an activity in the Corps.

Another nail in the coffin for shooting?

Why?

RAuxAF courses are often 15 continuous days long (3 weeks in regular terms) and that doesn’t include their annual camps. Oh, and RAuxAF Airmen and Officers are all volunteers…

Yes, the Oggies are all volunteers - but what is their legal status for “mandatory” time off work (paid?) associated with such courses?

They have to be released for mobilisation, but not for annual training as far as I am aware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why?

RAuxAF courses are often 15 continuous days long (3 weeks in regular terms) and that doesn’t include their annual camps. Oh, and RAuxAF Airmen and Officers are all volunteers…[/quote]

in my travels I’m finding that employers are all over the shop in what they allow people to do - many employers give additional paid leave for ‘real’ reservists to train, some will do something similar for CFAV’s, but some give absolutely squat - if you’re in the position of only having 4 weeks leave, and the ACO wants you to go to Leconfield to learn to drive a minibus for other peoples kids, but your family want to go to centre parcs, then you have a problem.

employers have, imv, tightened up in what ‘freebies’ they offer - and I think it’ll get worse with reservists dropping out of the news.

I was looking at the Festival of Remembrance this Saturday and I’m not sure I’m going to bother. if I do it will only be for the entrance of the Standards and the Act of Remembrance. I can’t be bothered with the Idol Factor middle bit with a passing nod to the military. It seems over the last few years it has moved away from what I remember as military event with a few other bits, to something more akin with early Saturday evening TV to make it more popular to chavs and lost something along the way. I wouldn’t be too surprised if they introduced a phone vote

Having Just filled in my DBS for and got my WSO to sign the evidence sheet I get this from WHQ

[quote]Please be aware that any DBS forms and their inserts starting with F00 are now invalid, and will no longer be accepted.

We have new forms ready for issue. So if you have any new appointments (18+, CIs etc) currently processing or members of staff who’s CRB is due to expire and they have yet to return the DBS application to WHQ - please contact us asap to request the new form.

We apologise for any inconvenience cause. This is a national change which will affect many so please be patient.
Kind Regards[/quote]
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
and for good measure
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

GMG this week - the ACO as a whole.

Can’t shoot weapons we’ve had to pay for because we aren’t issued enough
Can’t use gliders
Can’t pay a flying school to take cadets up because of OC2FTS (not even sure how it fits in his work area!)
Can’t stay out overnight in fieldcraft without huge hoops to jump through
Nepotism is rife

I’m sure there’s more, but I don’t know how much longer I can have to look cadets in the eye and tell them it’s a good idea to join this organisation.

surely this fall under ACTO 035 para 1B and in turn Annex B?

As such you only need Reg Comdt authorisation…or have you followed this route and your RC has gone up to 2FTS?

ACTO 35 is no longer valid. Apparently there’s due an “imminent” rerelease. I won’t hold my breath.

this begs the question…when were we, the CFAVs and the ones at the coal face going to find out about this?
yet another sly policy change that we dont know about

so not only can we not go gliding, and flying is often limited, we dont have any policy to indicate how best to utilise what is available to us outside the organisation!

You know there isnt as much gear griding as there used to be.

However today GMG… people spamming the “ALL OC Sqns” email rather than targetting a handful of individuals.

^^^^ oooh what do the OCs know that us mere plebs dont?

[quote=“Perry Mason” post=22695]You know there isnt as much gear griding as there used to be.

However today GMG… people spamming the “ALL OC Sqns” email rather than targetting a handful of individuals.[/quote]

I can go one worse. People who spam the world by hitting “Reply all” only to say “nil return”.

1 Like

I was worried, I’ve never played netball and don’t have the legs for a skirt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[quote=“Batfink” post=22697][quote=“Perry Mason” post=22695]You know there isnt as much gear griding as there used to be.

However today GMG… people spamming the “ALL OC Sqns” email rather than targetting a handful of individuals.[/quote]

I can go one worse. People who spam the world by hitting “Reply all” only to say “nil return”.[/quote]Or to actually give a return, when only the original sender actually cares.

Online grocery shoppers. Walking around supermarkets the aisles are cluttered with people picking things these bone idle types want.
While I see it has an advantage for some who aren’t able due to illness and or disability, the vast majority are those who IMO are just too bloody lazy and or unable to manage their time efficiently, especially given that most are open all night, except Saturday and Sunday.

How about those who don’t drive? Or those who care for people as well as work full time. Or those people who have a full time job, kids and do a lot of hours volunteering?

[quote=“glass half empty 2” post=22702]Online grocery shoppers. Walking around supermarkets the aisles are cluttered with people picking things these bone idle types want.
While I see it has an advantage for some who aren’t able due to illness and or disability, the vast majority are those who IMO are just too bloody lazy and or unable to manage their time efficiently, especially given that most are open all night, except Saturday and Sunday.[/quote]

Most certainly, there are some lazy people. However, for some, it can be considered good management of time resources. It’s not unusual to have both parents working, or of course, a single parent. In our “cadet orientated world” there are 2 evenings a week parental taxi service, plus any weekend events. Add in after school clubs, extra course work, normal family life, & available time can be restricted! Depending on the age of the kid(s), sometimes it is much less hassle & stress to get the little b*ggers together to drag them around the store. Put them to bed, have a glass of vino, wait for your delivery.

It also depends on the location of your supermarket; I consider us to be well-served with different choices, but from leaving the house, to putting the first item in the trolley is about 30 mins. Say one hr to shop, 30 mins to load car & get home. So, whilst it’s only 2 hrs in total (& maybe a gallon of fuel & associated running costs on the car), for some families, that is time better spent at home - & of course, some people work from home too. You could argue that by buying on-line, you also don’t get caught by the “you really need this super item” offer! :wink:

You hate them for that? I hate them because they think this is an acceptable substitution!

1 Like