You know what really grinds my gears? The Gears Strike Back

Uhh, I haven’t called anyone names? I’ve voiced a joking opinion, which is quite obviously not meant to be taken seriously. I haven’t said who I’m referring to, I haven’t said what has caused me to say this. It’s in no way attributable to anyone (other than me, seeing as I posted it).

You don’t know that I haven’t voiced a complaint already, and in case you hadn’t noticed we’re not in a modern workplace - I am a volunteer in a voluntary organisation (and I haven’t even stated that my post is anything to do with the ACO, which, incidentally, it isn’t).

Are you a civil servant by any chance?

Also, if you think a post is offensive or likely to cause offence, please use the report function and let a moderator know. Seeing as I am a moderator, I would obviously let someone else deal with it.

if you think paying for civil servants is bad, try having them as one of your major employers…

Your lack of humour offends me.

You doughnut.

I started to watch QT from Scotland when I got in from cadets last night, it’s good for a laugh. I tried to be amazed at the naivety of people in the audience who voted for indepedence, as they said we’ve had none of the things promised by Westminster. Regardless of the outcome, change wasn’t (unfortunately) going to happen overnight.
I did get a very real impression throughout the run up that those pushing for and voting yes had a rather simplistic perspective and didn’t really understand independence would effectively mean starting from scratch as a nation.

[quote=“glass half empty 2” post=21042]I started to watch QT from Scotland when I got in from cadets last night, it’s good for a laugh. I tried to be amazed at the naivety of people in the audience who voted for indepedence, as they said we’ve had none of the things promised by Westminster. Regardless of the outcome, change wasn’t (unfortunately) going to happen overnight.
I did get a very real impression throughout the run up that those pushing for and voting yes had a rather simplistic perspective and didn’t really understand independence would effectively mean starting from scratch as a nation.[/quote]

Yet when they were arguing their cause, it wasnt going to be untill 2015. Yes voters are the biggest hypocrites I have ever met! I have only met 2 people that have had any substance (barely) and not just the standard SNP crap “blah blah hope. blah blah oil. blah blah westminster”

You may be ending Westminster “Rule” just to bend over for Jean-Claude Juncker. And have Brussels rule.
Expecting the UK to just hand over Mulit million pound aircraft…you start from scratch pal. the white paper was absolute turd. And people were lapping it up.
And dont even get me started on the “wee blue book” the bloody bible had more fact in it!

Absolute doorknobs. This referendum has been damaging to this country. The anti english undertone was bad but since this crap, its got ten times worse. I literally hate Scotland for this and Salmond for ripping this country apart.

Obviously a nerve has been touched. If the cap fits matey, wear it and if you can’t stand the ribbing then you had best get out of the playground.

People spouting off absolute rubbish about stuff they know nothing about.

Just found a post on the Wing Facebook asking what uniform is worn by the Nijmegen team (Which I run/ran) Someone tells them that they can wear whatever colour No3 they own and that you can run teams with mixed dress. Which directly contravenes the rules for the event.

As i understand it those rules are correct.

our Wing team had the option to be mixed but the Cadets decided as a team to all be uniformed in their uniform and so chose CS95 DPM…

The DIN and the admin order are very clear that everyone in the team must dress alike: no mix of CS95 and PCS is permitted within the team.

In other words, your wing team may have thought they had the option, but they didn’t :slight_smile:

I didn’t think the DIN was out for this year yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It isn’t but it has been like that since PCS became a thing and I doubt very much that they’ll change it now.

Is it not essentially an instruction from the Dutch military - the same instruction which forces CI team leaders to wear uniform in contradiction with our regs?

[quote=“juliet mike” post=21130]I didn’t think the DIN was out for this year yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

It isn’t. But it’s been that way for several years. So I can’t see it changing. Nevertheless my issue is him telling the cadets one thing, when he clearly knows nothing about Nijmegen and the different policies which apply.

Spectacularly unhelpful update from the Bader team that if you want to use the email system mandated for us and also happen to want to choose Google Chrome as your browser, you can’t.

Don’t bother trying to find a fix guys!

Course cancellations. I was looking forward to getting SAAI squared away.

Better plan on taking a week off work in 2015 then, since SASC apparently won’t be running in “weekend mode”, whatever the hell that is.

Source of information please?

If that’s true, it will put the kybosh on numerous shooting courses for most CFAVs.

Source of information please?[/quote]

Email dated 15 Oct 14 from OC ScotSATT to the whole of S&NI Region where he states that he was advised “yesterday” that SASC will only run SAAI in “week-long” mode in 2015, based at Beckingham. I don’t know the original source.

It may be that SASC are refusing to travel to Scotland or it could be a country-wide restriction. CTT may know more.
I also assume that this only affects SAAI as mentioned, but you know what they say…

A week is preferable for me to be honest - special leave from work allows me to nail courses like that with minimal impact on my weekends.

[quote]
A week is preferable for me to be honest - special leave from work allows me to nail courses like that with minimal impact on my weekends.[/quote]

Quite possibly for some, but a week’s leave can have a detrimental knock-on for leave allocation during the rest of the year - especially if your employer counts bank holidays as part of your entitlement, which is legal to do:

Likewise, shift workers, those who can’t easily get work “cover” & those who work non-standard work rosters will find this very difficult.

For me, I work 6 days away from home, 4 - 5 off. My employer requires a minimum of 3 month’s advance notice & there are limitations on how much I can take at specific periods of the year (Mar - Oct = high season in my job!).

Fingers crossed it is just for the Jocks! :stuck_out_tongue: