WTD Set Aircraft Model 2017

Does anyone know what the Corps set model is for 2017?

Airfix 1:72 Jet Provost Mk3.

Diorama is World War One

What are the rules surrounding the diorama?

Wait; there is a Corps set model? There is a Corps aeromodelling competition?

What Incubus said, first I have ever heard of it…
Would like more info

Has to have an aviation theme.

Max size of 90x90x90cm.

Can I ask where to find further details?
Any links

There is a regional one, didn’t realise it went any further than that though

That’s what I thought wing and regional levels only

This was my understanding too. It may be that the OP incorrectly believed that their regional diorama was actually set at Corps level.

Follow-up question: Why isn’t there a Corps aeromodelling competition? We get the spotters together for a Corps competition every year after all.

Wait? There isn’t a Corps Modelling competition? I didn’t realise they didn’t go beyond Region, none of my units have ever won at Region and I’ve never been to a RTD.

Let me get this straight all 6 regions have completely separate set model and diorama competitions and they don’t go to be judged centrally at Corps training day?

Ok, then does anyone know the South West Region set model?

It is poor, we are getting competitions and camps for all matter of things these days but one of the constant competitions easily open to all is seemingly over looked at the highest level…

Released in Nov following the RAD 2017 Briefing

The set model for next years RAD and therefore WAD will be; Airfix Hunting Percival Jet Provost 1:72 code A02103. Please note the rules will be amended slightly this year in that only options in the box will be allowed to be part of the model. No extra pieces purchased or made additionally will be allowed.

The theme for the diorama will be World War 1. All other elements regarding size and the need for an aviation theme remain extant.

Have you got the rest of that document? Seems a fairly useful thing to be on Sharepoint, and the new sharepoint is nowhere near as easy to search as the old.

It was an email. not aware of any document :frowning: anything like last year it will be cobbled together the week before!