Webbing - where to buy?

What were you using the molle pouches for that they broke? Molle when fitted and used correctly is strong and reliable. There must be a reason it’s being adopted by forces around the world…

It may depend on what you buy and how it’s treated, used and how often it’s used. A mate of mine bought some Scapa like my full on walking boots and because he treated them badly lasted a few years, mine are still going strong over 25 years later, but they get cleaned, dried properly after each use and waxed once or twice a year.

I wouldn’t put too much weight on popularity - ten years ago digital camouflage was apparently the new Messiah with it being adopted left right and centre. Now…

The same thing is in evidence in Naval uniforms - country after country, including the US and Australia, adopted a blue-grey-blue DPM for use aboard ship in the last decade. Then they discovered that it was an utter menace in anything other than bright sunlight, you know, like in a ship…

Now it’s going in the bin, and solid colour uniforms are back in.

Molle has some use, but plastering it over everything including rucksacks is just the most stupid fashion victimery…

1 Like

Seeing as MOLLE (techincally PALS) just consists of some webbing sewn on at regular intervals and a corresponding set of straps, there will be a vast range of quality in the execution. Any idiot could sew the PALS webbing onto a garment and hey presto - it’s MOLLE compatible! Issue kit should hold together well, but that doesn’t mean that there aren’t any bad batches that could well fall apart.

I was doing real soldiering. Not airsoft/cadet/posing.

MOLLE is over hyped crap. Give me PLCE any day, hands down. Any environment. Except Arctic, then a Vest. Not a rig.

Half the time people can’t even fit them properly and have them round their stomachs.

Calling molle over hyped crap is a bit harsh. It’s a great system when used correctly and is very sturdy and reliable, and once again there must be a reason that’s it’s being adopted all over the world and plce is being phased out.

No it’s not?

And Because people want to look like uber Gucci operator Call of Duty soap operators. High speed, low drag. Blah blah blah. All that crap.

Don’t believe the hype. It’s naff. It’s uncomfortable, it’s overpriced, and breaks far too easily compared to PLCE.

I have never had any of the issue stuff break. I have had some cheap pouches that did, but meh. It isn’t exactly overpriced you can get it dirt cheap on ebay, almost as cheap as PLCE, and the PLCE will probably be manky as it hasn’t been produced in several years. The only people who make it now are the cheap manufacturers like highlander who won’t make it to the spec that the issued stuff was.

1 Like

You get cheap plce too that falls to bits the same as cheap molle, buy cheap buy twice.

And suggesting people but molle to look like video game characters is quite naive…

Trust me, I don’t buy cheap and I know my gear. I have used a lot of kit in a lot of different environments and roles, and had my hand in testing the new stuff.
And You completely missed my point.

You want MOLLE? You go get MOLLE, you get MOLLE out your ying yang.