VR(T) Commission Change

Interesting that the first survey was widely published through BADER Email & Social Media, yet these are the results first seen on ACC.

1 Like

Itā€™s been out a day or so, give it time, Friday is always a slack day in the MOD :wink:

What angers me is they had an option which people selected, which theyā€™re now saying isnā€™t an option. What was the point?!

1 Like

RAFC?

Who comes up with this stuff, and did they check what RAFC actually means?

Probably because the ACF and SSC complained.

I would still like to know what would be wrong with having ā€˜ATCā€™ embroidered on our slides (and CCF, VGS, etc)

1 Like

Sound idea!

MattB Iā€™m with you and thatā€™s what I suggested. The text box seems to have been ignored!

With the Army having OPCON of CCF now, it seemed sensible to align myself with my CCF(A) colleagues.

Interestingly it was confirmed to me on Wednesday that the CCFRN (not sure about SCC) will also be using the new CFC, meaning their officers will be commissioned for the first time. But they are sticking with Wavy Navy insignia - I did ask.

1 Like

You underestimate who is in charge of the panel. :no_mouth:

I wonder if chaplains in the ATC are being considered for uniformed entry into the ATC with the introduction of the CF commission? The SCC and ACF have chaplains appointed/commissioned into their uniformed cadre and assume theyā€™ll be eligible for the CF commission too.

1 Like

Yes and many ACF hierarchy are from where?

I made the point in an email of ā€œif the Sea Cadets are keeping Wavy Navy why canā€™t we keep VRTā€ no response though.

I think you will find we couldnā€™t care less what you wear on your rank slide.

ACF chaplains are commissioned slightly differently to ACF officers in that they are appointed to the RAChD (Reserve) General List Section B, as opposed to the Army Reserve General List Section B. I donā€™t know if they will be changing to a CF commission or not.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been told ā€œNoā€ because of ā€œComplex legal reasons which means [the VRT] may well need to be retired as an entity.ā€

So would the VRT need to decide if they wanted to re-muster as Cadet Forces Commissioned officers get issued with new scrolls (given itā€™s a new appointment).

Having a decision point like that may just be the tipping point for those feeling aggrieved.

1 Like

I donā€™t imagine they would get a choice in the matter.

I should have included the word - continue -, whether they will get an actual choice in the matter is a non-starter as everything has already been decided.

Speaking a few over the last couple of weeks they feel it has been poorly handled and left them feeling decidely unsure as to whether they want to stay in uniform, including our CO. Our CO has been quite vitriolic about the whole thing.

This is ATC and there is nothing like more than a form for people to fill in and lose umpteen times, so they could send out a form for people to say yes/no.

I do still wonder if all concerned will get new scrolls.

Well, Iā€™ve just voted.

Iā€™ve selected pin badges for No1 and No5, simply because Iā€™ve already got the wholes and donā€™t want to stitch on any badges.

Iā€™ve also made my first option RAFV. Should be neater in the signature block of emails and straightforward in conversation.

1 Like

You donā€™t want half a whole otherwise youā€™d just have two holes.

But we are the only people who use VRT, so if it ceases to exist as we move to the new CF Commission the insignia will no longer be in use by the Regulars or Reserves and will therefore be available and it would be quite clear that we are Cadet instructors at a zero cost.