Moving to the intake system

Hello all,

Very recently decision has been made to move to the ‘intake’ system.

As we’ll be new to this. I’m interested to know of good and bad experiences of it, any tips and helpful documents you use!!

Thanks in advance.

i can send you our first class cadet training manual if you like

@MattB MattB that would be great…

adj.2282

Been discussed on here before Delta, have a look here:
http://forum.aircadetcentral.net/t/intake-system/

Do it, but stick with it. You won’t regret it.

Better and more consistent training, better retention, easier to streamline the admin. I think people still doing the drip-feed system are a little bit dotty.

1 Like

Depends on what your numbers are like, mine plummeted a year back when I had no staff so I couldn’t afford to turn cadets away. Now that we are stable we are back to intakes.

In which case, you should be focusing on recruiting staff not cadets? The cadets will always be there and will wait.

All I would say is don’t expect hordes through the door each time, our intakes have varied from 23 to 4 and average around 11.
A local sqn got a new CO and he took time off work to go into the 2 schools close to him and got 28. Next time he got 7 and has had no more than 12 since and is perplexed as to why.

That’s what I thought until I was down to less than 20! Staffing problem now solved and intake system back in place.

Any chance on sending that to me too please? (training.1803@) Recently taken over the Training Officer role and have an intake starting in a week!

Thank you

A copy to the usual address too @MattB please?

Can’t easily get to email right now - however those of you with a Google account I can share it with you if you PM me your details.