Comdt RAFAC leaving & replacement

Cmdt AC will be gone in Sep 24. Discuss.

All very well, but who will get the job?

2 Likes

Do you have a source?

6 Likes

Citation Needed

(Credit: XKCD)

3 Likes

I don’t think we are quite on OPs level…

2 Likes

This chap will be looking for a new job around the same time.

4 Likes

Doesn’t he have something lined up in Kigali? He’s forever trying to get a flight there.

1 Like

Not a rumour.

The Comdt leaving, or Rishi moving to Rwanda? :wink:

1 Like

This. Grass isnt always greener…

4 Likes

Having had 2 brief visits to Kigali, there are definitely worse places to be (in UK / EU, never mind Africa).

1 Like

There’s only one Satan, though, surely.

1 Like

Let’s not forget many of us were all excited about Tony taking over from Dawn. Things could get even worse with this change. After all, who with any potential is going to want to take on the role of heading up an organisation that has lost its USP, is hemorrhaging volunteers, cancelling activities left right and centre to become a poor quality computer academy, has a collapsed supply chain, and no money?

16 Likes

this!

I recall much rejoicing the CAC would be “real” RAF being an engineer by trade rather than two admin-ers as we had prior to Tony (Dawn and Babs).
While they were both in post we saw an increase in…admin. we hoped to see a similar trend with Tony coming in seeing more “real” RAF experiences…not so

4 Likes

I’m hoping one of the RCs will be eligible and apply. NB: one of, not necessarily ‘any’ of!

7 Likes

What makes you think CAC will be replaced?

With budgets tight you could slim down by removing the role & having the CoS report direct into the Maj Gen in charge of reserves & cadet forces.

3 Likes

OC LASER?

1 Like

Depends on how long they’ve got left on their contract but would they have more influence or less influence?

With the regional commandants to be a good candidate they would need

• A decent amount of time managing a volunteer organisation

• willing to move to be near cranwell.

• at the point in life where the challenge of the role will add interest to them rather than present a chore

& this is before personal qualities, skills & characteristics are taken into account.

*know

1 Like

Bullets 2 & 3 could be blockers.

3 Likes