Blue PCS for the Navy

[attachment=227]FullSizeRender.jpg[/attachment]

Reminded me of am april fools a couple of years ago, except this one isn’t. Part of the new uniform to be worn while at sea on deployment only

Just spent the weekend on HMS BRISTOL and I have to say the RN PCS looks OK.

1 Like

You lucky thing! BRISTOL was either freezing cold or unbearably warm depending on which messdeck you were in :expressionless:

Bit warm where I was (officers’ quarters naturally…)

Following significant and long-standing collaboration with Royal Navy Whole Force Generation Logistics, as highlighted by the fortnightly NSC communications to volunteers the current No.4 Action Working Dress (AWD) worn by Cadets and Cadet Force Adult Volunteers (CFAV) will be removed from service over the next 12 months, to be replaced by Royal Navy (RN) Personal Clothing System (RNPCS).

This will align the SCC with RN personnel under the ‘whole force’ approach. This represents a significant step towards bringing volunteers and cadets closer in appearance to the regular serving members of the RN.

It’s only taken 8 years, but it SCC brothers and sisters are making the leap to PCS too.

Their No4s the equivalent of RAF no 2s?

Somewhere between our 2C and 3 but the RN can wear MTP in certain situations.

No. 4 is Fire Retardant (at least out of the packet) - I assume the Navy PCS is as well?

or maybe just the trousers (I seem to recall them being labelled Trousers FR)

I’ve seen jacket and trousers - not the most recent shirt - and yes FR.